Prime Minister's Column-모든 면에서 뉴질랜드를 보호하도록 지원 Helping protect New Zealand in every way.

뉴질랜드 뉴스
홈 > 뉴스/정보 > NZ뉴스
NZ뉴스

Prime Minister's Column-모든 면에서 뉴질랜드를 보호하도록 지원 Helping protect New Zeal…

일요시사 0 243

Having a warm and dry home is vitally important to all New Zealanders. That’s why the government is continuing to concentrate on increasing our housing supply – especially in Auckland. 

Last week we had some good news which proves that our housing supply initiatives are working.Houses are being built at the fastest rate in a decade with over 27,000 new homes consented in the year to February. It’s particularly encouraging to see 50 per cent more consents granted this February compared to February 2015.

Since the Housing Accord was signed with Auckland Council we have maintained growth in the house build rate, this is the longest and strongest period of growth in the city’s history.Last week, I travelled to the US to attend the fourth and final Nuclear Security Summit in Washington.

The summit was an opportunity to address nuclear terrorism threats at a global level, and gave me a chance to talk to representatives of many countries to look at ways we can reduce risks in this area. Even as a small country, New Zealand is not immune to the risk posed by nuclear terrorism, and it’s important we play our part internationally to prevent it. 

While in Washington, I also met with senior members of President Obama’s Cabinet where we discussed trade and economic issues, and I gave a speech at the US Chamber of Commerce.

Throughout this trip I was able to share some thoughts about the Trans-Pacific Partnership. My message was that the agreement is good for the United States and the other 11 member countries, including, of course, New Zealand. 

New Zealand’s relationship with the United States is in excellent health, and, helped by the TPP, it will continue to grow. Back on home soil I’m incredibly proud of the huge number of New Zealanders who took part in the conversation around choosing our flag. Over 2.1 million people voted in the second referendum, which to me shows how deeply passionate New Zealanders are about their national identity.

Discussions have taken place all over the country – at dinner tables, in workplaces and schools and online – and have brought international attention to the democratic process we used to give Kiwis their say.

While keeping the current flag wasn’t my first choice, I believe we should all embrace the decision and be proud of it. I also hope we’ll see our flag used more to celebrate how proud of New Zealand we are.

0 Comments
광고 Space available
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory KakaoTalk NaverBand
//우측마우스