빌 잉글리쉬 칼럼; 앞으로 나아가는 뉴질랜드를 위해 Keeping New Zealand moving

교민뉴스

빌 잉글리쉬 칼럼; 앞으로 나아가는 뉴질랜드를 위해 Keeping New Zealand moving

일요시사 0 403 0 0
사회 기반 시설은 매일의 우리 삶을 지원합니다. 우리가 쓰는 전기와, 우리가 마시는 식수와, 우리가 운전하는 도로를 제공합니다. 

그렇기 때문에 국민당 정부는 전국적으로 이전보다 더 많은 투자를 교통 기반 시설에 하는 것입니다. 우리는 성장하는 뉴질랜드가 계속해서 나아갈 수 있도록 헌신하고 있습니다.

지난주, 교통부 장관 Simon Bridge와 지역 국회의원 Nathan Guy가 MacKays부터 Peka Peka까지 연결된 고속 도로를 개방했습니다- 이것은 원래 계획보다 4개월 더 빨리 진행된 것입니다.

이고속도로에는 $630 million가 투자 되었으며, Kapiti Coast에 위치한 18km의 4차선 도로이고, 여기엔 18개의 다리들과 16km의 산책로 및 자전거 도로가 포함되어 있습니다.

이 고속도로는 지역 전체에 더 빠르고, 더 신뢰가 가는 안전한 도로주행을 가져다 줄 것입니다. 이 고속도로는 또한 우리가 최근 겪었던 Wellington의 경우처럼, Kapiti Coast의 기상 악화 사태에 대한 회복력을 개선 시켜줄 것입니다.

이것은 그저 $11 billion의 투자가 이루어진 정부의 7개의 주요 국가 도로와 전국적으로 진행되는 13개의 주요 지역 도로 프로젝트 중 하나입니다.

4월 달에는 Auckland에 매우 중요한 $1.4 billion의 Waterview 연결도로가 개방됩니다. 또한 Auckland 주변으로 1번 고속도로를 대체할 수 있는 $2.4 billion의 Western Ring Route가 현재 상당한 진전을 이루고 있으며, 향후 2년 안에 완공될 것으로 예측됩니다. 

Christchurch에는 두개의 주요 프로젝트가 진행되고 있으며, 여기엔 새로운 $240 million의 Christchurch Northern Corridor 프로젝트가 포함되어 있습니다. 여기엔 새로운 8km의 4차선 고속도로가 포함되어 있으며, Waimakariri 강부터 시작한 도로가 시내에서 끝이 납니다. 두번 째 프로젝트는 $195 million의 크라이스트처치 남부 고속도로의 도로 연장이며, 이것은 Rolleston부터 시내까지의 도로주행 시간을 반으로 줄일 것입니다. 

Waikato에서는 $2.1 billion의 Waikato 고속도로의 7번 째이자 마지막 구간의 건설이 시작되었습니다. 이 102km의 긴 도로는 지역의 일대 혁신으로서 Auckland와 Waikato 및 Bay of Plenty의 사업과 농업 센터의 더 강한 유대를 제공할 것입니다. 

작고,  인구가 적은 나라로서, 뉴질랜드는 제품, 서비스, 그리고 인구가 안전하고 효율적으로 이동할 수 있도록 교통 네트워크에 의존하고 있습니다.

그렇기 때문에 우리는 이러한 문제들을 해결하기 위해 사회 기반 시설에 투자하는 것이며, 이것은 향후 경제 성장을 장려합니다. 우리는 기반 시설 망의 문제로 인해 진보에 제동이 걸리는 것을 볼 수 없습니다. 

사회 기반 시설에 투자하는 것은 성장을 위해 지속적으로 강한 기반을 다지는 것입니다. 더 경쟁적이고, 생산적인 경제만이 새로운 직업 창출, 임금 향상, 그리고 뉴질랜드 국민들이 기대하는 고품질의 공공 서비스를 제공할 수 있습니다.

마지막으로, 저는 MacKays부터 Peke Peka까지 가는 고속도를 제가 직접 개방하려고 했습니다. 하지만 저는 계획을 변경하여 Christchurch에서 불과 싸우고 있는 사람들을 지원하러 갔습니다. 저는 이 자리를 빌어 불을 진압하기 위해 도움을 준 여러 소방관들의 대단한 수고에 감사를 드리며, 이번 일로 인해 피해를 입으신 모든 분들께 조의를 표합니다. 

대대적인 피해를 목격한 것 이외에, 저는 그런 상황에서 지역사회의 공동체 의식이 힘을 발하는 것을 보았습니다. 사람들이 사람들을 돕는 것을 보며, 뉴질랜드 국민인 것이 자랑스러웠습니다. 

Infrastructure supports our daily lives. It delivers the electricity we use, the water we drink and the roads we drive on. 

That is why the National-led Government is investing more than ever in transport infrastructure right across the country. We are utterly committed to keeping a growing New Zealand moving.

Last week, Transport Minister Simon Bridges and local MP Nathan Guy opened the MacKays to Peka Peka Expressway - four months ahead of schedule.

The Expressway is a $630 million, 18km four-lane motorway on the Kapiti Coast, and includes 18 bridges and 16km of walking and cycle ways.

It will result in faster, more reliable and safer journeys through the region. It will also improve the Kapiti Coast’s resilience to major weather events like those we’ve recently experienced in Wellington.

This is just one part of the Government’s $11 billion investment in seven roads of national significance and 13 important regional roading projects across New Zealand. 

In April, Auckland’s critically important $1.4 billion Waterview Connection will open. And work on the $2.4 billion Western Ring Route, an alternative to State Highway 1 around Auckland, is also well advanced and expected to be completed in the next two years.

In Christchurch, two major projects are underway, including the new $240 million Christchurch Northern Corridor project, which includes a new 8-kilometre, four-lane motorway, starting at the Waimakariri River and finishing in the city. The second project is a $195 million extension to the Christchurch Southern Motorway, which will halve travel time between Rolleston and the city. 

In the Waikato, construction on the seventh and final section of the $2.1 billion Waikato Expressway has begun. This 102 kilometre long road is a game-changer for the region as it will provide stronger links between the business and agricultural centres of Auckland and the Waikato, as well as the Bay of Plenty.

As a small, sparsely populated country, New Zealand relies on its transport network to move people, goods and services safely and efficiently.

That’s why we are getting ahead of this issue by investing in infrastructure now to encourage future economic growth. We don’t want to wait until the strain on the network becomes a handbrake on progress. 
Our investment in infrastructure continues to build a strong platform for growth. A more competitive and productive economy is the only way we will create jobs, boost incomes, and provide the high-quality public services New Zealanders expect.
On a final note, I had been planning to open the MacKays to Peka Peka Expressway myself. However, I changed my plans to head to Christchurch in support of the people who were battling the fires. I’d like to acknowledge here the incredibly hard work of the many firefighters who helped get the fire under control, and I express my sincere sympathies to all who were affected,

Apart from witnessing the devastation, what I also saw was the incredible community spirit that comes to the fore in these situations. People helping people. It made me proud to be a New Zealander.

0 Comments
Hot

인기 Year 10 김민수 학생 '황금의 종'쳤다

댓글 0 | 조회 399 | 추천 0
Hot

인기 경로여행잔치

댓글 0 | 조회 378 | 추천 0