'Korean Vision Camp 2020 행사' 성황리에 마쳐

교민뉴스

'Korean Vision Camp 2020 행사' 성황리에 마쳐

일요시사 0 1180 0 0

f634bf468d0b1e79a788cab8f3248575_1581463462_906921.JPG

지난 2 3()부터 5 7일간 웰링턴 지역에서 열린 - 보훈처가 공동 주관한 2020 Korean Vision Camp  성황리에 끝났다.

국내 대학생 20명과 뉴질랜드 참전용사 후손 대학생 20 40명으로 이루어진 캠프 참가자들은 직접 기획한 참여자 중심 프로그램으로 운영, ‘아오테아 한국전 참전비(A Heritage Memorial, Aotea Quay)’ 방문하여 헌화참배, ‘워커톤(Walk-A-Thon, 평화를 위한 발걸음)행사등을 진행하였다.

특히 국내 참가자 5명은 625참전유공자의 자녀로, 할아버지에게 전해들은 전쟁 체험담을 기초로 작성한 편지를 7()‘뉴질랜드 참전용사 위로연에서 낭독하여 깊은 감동을 주었다.

다음은  참전용사 위로연에서 권주연 학생이 참전용사께 낭독한 편지이다.

Dear Veterans, 

My name is Jueun Kwon, granddaughter of Kwon Chi-kyum, a Korean war veteran.

First of all, it is my great honor to have the opportunity to express our appreciation to you. I’d like

to introduce my proud grandfather.

My grandfather, born in Wagwan-eup, Chilgok-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do, was the first born of six

sons and one daughter. I am proud of my grandfather, a veteran of the Korean War who shines on

my country. My grandfather seemed blunt and resistant, but more responsible than anyone else,

who always looked after his younger brothers and sister with affection.

When the Korean war broke out after he was discharged from the army, he volunteered to protect

his family and protect the country. At that time, bamboo was placed in front of the house, when

one of the family members went to fight in the Korean War. Bamboo trees that represented families

and neighbors’ wishes, for safe return from the war, were also standing in front of my grandfather’s

house.

It is said that young people in the province who were 20 years old, including my grandfather,

gathered at Sunsim High School and received all kinds of equipment for the war. The only dinner

offered to the young men at the time was rice balls with a little bit of salt on them. Even my

grandfather gave his portion to his little brother who came to see him. My grandfather’s younger

brother, who was telling me this story, was in tears. He went to the Jeju Training Center, which was

the hardest training center. He was assigned the training number, 9442940, and trained for six

months there. After that, he was sent to Yeongcheon, Gangwon-do, and went up near the Amnok

River to fight a fierce battle.

That’s all I’ve ever heard about my grandfather’s Korean war story. He passed away early, and all I

can remember about him is just what I see in pictures. Because of his resistance to talk about the

war, he didn’t even discuss his experience with his brothers. I don’t know what kind of operation he

carried out, but I can assure you, he was a warm man who loved his family and Korea. If he were

alive, he’d be proud of me standing here, more than anyone else would be. He would also want to

express appreciation to you.

If I had the chance to talk to him again, I would tell him: “Thank you, for dedicating your youth to

this country. I miss you so much”. Now I’d like to convey this thanks to you, the veterans here before

me.

I can’t imagine how much courage it would have taken to come to Korea, far away from New

Zealand. Thank you for your noble sacrifices, so we can dream of a better world on this land. Your

sacrifice saved us and saved the Republic of Korea.

This story will be passed down to future generations, and I will do my best to help future generations

remember you, like we have. I will keep in mind the Korean war veterans’ sacrifice for the rest of

my life, so that your youth never be in vain

Thank you, my heroes.

Sincerely,

Jueun Kwon

f634bf468d0b1e79a788cab8f3248575_1581463497_910816.JPG

0 Comments