Prime Ministers Column - Steady job growth lowers unemployment to 5.4%

교육

Prime Ministers Column - Steady job growth lowers unemployment to 5.4%

일요시사 0 2296

One of the National-led Government’s goals this term will be to continue building a more productive and competitive economy that offers more jobs and higher incomes for New Zealanders. This week, the latest Household Labour Force Survey, confirmed we are on the right track when it comes to job creation.

The survey showed that steady job growth in the September quarter has lowered New Zealand’s unemployment rate to 5.4 per cent. This is the lowest employment rate since March 2009.

These latest results show an increase of 18,000 people employed in the September quarter and 72,000 over the last year, as the economy continues to strengthen following the Global Financial Crisis.

It is encouraging that we are seeing increasing confidence from companies around New Zealand to build their businesses and hire more staff.

The construction sector has shown a particularly strong recovery, with 33,500 more jobs across the country in the last year. This is a great result, and it shows that government policies are delivering for kiwis by providing the opportunities for  people to move into work. I can assure you that the National-led Government will continue to focus on policies that encourage business confidence, investment, and job growth.

This week I will be in China and Myanmar to attend the APEC Leaders’ meeting and the East Asia Summit.
I will be accompanied by Foreign Minister Murray McCully and Trade Minister Tim Groser.

I look forward to getting the chance at these forums to continue advancing our relationship with other countries in the region. 

These summits will play host to our largest trading partners. Attending both of these International summits is important for a country like New Zealand, as it gives us a great opportunity to promote this country as a good place to do business with, trade with, and invest in.

일자리 증가...실업률 5.4%로 하락

이번 집권 기간 국민당 정부의 목표 가운데 하나는 우리 경제의 생산성과 경쟁력을 높여 더 많은 일자리를 창출하고 소득을 증가하는 것입니다. 이번 주 발표된 ‘가구별 노동력 조사’(Household Labour Force Survey)는 일자리 창출 측면에서 우리가 올바른 방향으로 나아가고 있음을 확인시켜줬습니다.

이번 조사에서 뉴질랜드의 실업률은 3분기 지속적인 일자리 증가로 5.4%로 떨어져 2009년 3월 이후 가장 낮은 실업률을 기록했습니다.

최근 조사결과에 따르면 올해 9월까지 고용 근로자의 숫자가 1만 8천 명 늘었습니다. 지난 1년 동안에는 7만 2천 명이 증가했습니다. 이는 글로벌 재정위기 이후 우리 경제가 지속적으로 튼튼해지고 있다는 것을 보여주고 있습니다.

회사를 세우고 더 많은 직원을 고용하려는 기업의 신뢰도가 증가하는 것을 지켜보는 것은 매우 고무적입니다.

지난 한 해 3만 3,500여 개의 일자리가 창출된 건설분야는 강력한 회복세를 보여줬습니다. 정말 훌륭한 결과가 아닐 수 없습니다. 이는 정부의 정책이 국민들로 하여금 일할 기회를 제공하고 있다는 것을 보여주고 있습니다. 앞으로도 국민당은 기업의 신뢰도와 투자, 직업 창출을 장려하는 정책에 지속적으로 초점을 맞추어 나가리라는 것을 분명히 말씀드리고 싶습니다.

이번 주 저는 아시아태평양경제협력체(APEC) 및 동아시아 정상회의 참석을 위해 중국과 미얀마를 방문할 예정입니다. 이번 순방에는 머레이 매컬리 외교장관과 팀 그로서 통상장관이 동행합니다.

저는 이번 방문이 다른 나라와 협력 관계를 발전시켜 나가는 기회가 되길 기대합니다. 이번 회담은 우리와 최대 무역국이 주최하는 행사입니다. 국제적 정상회담은 뉴질랜드가 기업활동과 통상, 투자하기에 아주 좋은 나라라는 것을 홍보하는 좋은 기회가 될 것입니다.

0 Comments
포토 제목